Before we get started, there's a couple of things that I ought to point out...
1. You really should have a fairly good knowledge of your subject material and enough time to write high quality articles. Alternatively you should be able to invest at least $40 per month to pay someone else to research and ghostwrite some articles for you.
2. You will also need to have sufficient time to submit your articles to the main article directories or alternatively be prepared to pay at least $40 per month to have someone else distribute them for you.
Writing and distributing articles, while not especially glamorous by any means, itís a very effective way to get links back to your site.
The proven system:
1. Decide on a topic for your article and either write it yourself or, as mentioned above, get someone else to write it for you. I prefer to use http://www.Rentacoder.com to hire good writers, simply because they have an escrow system that allows the payment to be held until the work is finished. Take plenty of time to write a detailed project specification to make sure that you cover precisely what you expect the writer to provide. You should also pay particular attention to the individuals' feedback score before choosing a writer.
2. Once you have a completed article, or set of articles you need to buy a subscription to one of the article distribution services such as:
If you don't want to pay for the distribution of your articles, then you will need to invest your time in submitting them manually. Once you have done that a couple of times, it's virtually certain that you'll find the cash to pay for one of the above services!
3. Make sure that you write a compelling signature line with the landing page URL that you want these new links pointing to. You need to decide in advance where you want all your articles to link to. Your home page will give you the best results if you are looking for Page Rank and a dedicated opt-in page will generate the highest subscriber sign up rate. Set clear objectives for your campaign before you start.
4. Once you've completed your signup, submit your first article through the Submit Your Article service. Generally, the article will post out from the system within 72 hours. From this point, submit at least one new article each and every week, more if possible.
6. If your article is well written many publishers will pick it up and publish it to their newsletters and online databases.And, if your signature line contains a compelling call to action you should also enjoy lots of targeted traffic.
You can be sure of one thing, once your article has been distributed you will enjoy lots of incoming links to your chosen URL.
This article was posted on Aug 15, 2005