While the basics of Search Engine Optimization or SEO are pretty much textbook, it isn't the textbooks that you're competing with, it's the competition ... who within the most competative markets make it almost impossible to get to that search engine position of being number one. Discovering the Truth about Search Engine Optimization will require an analysis of every factor of optimization.
Profession Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is more than simply understanding the goal of a website. The real SEO Professional, or real 'Search Engine Optimizer', will do extensive query-based keyword research because they know professional optimization needs a strong keyword foundation.
SEO professionals ask the all important question ... Who is the "target audience" or the "target market" ... and then, they work to create a website that brings their content to that audience through the search engines.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) involves:
- Optimizing every page's page titles, meta tags, attributes, anchor text and more.
- Theming of the primary domain, sub-domains and supporting web properties (such as blogs, forums and companion websites).
- Content is king ... and paramount to good optimization.
- Search engine friendly GUI navigation (internal linking strategy).
- A must have 'inbound link' building strategy (external links coming in).
The professional SEO (search engine optimization) knows that if you want to be found in the top of the search results for a competitive keyword term, you have to cover all your search engine optimization basics and more. That means both, exceptional website on-page and external off-page SEO, as well as a fully comprehensive link strategy.
Professional SEO Company
Any Professional SEO worth hiring understands that effective SEO (search engine optimization) constant continuing education because the search engine algorithms and the rules search engines use to position a web page within the search engine results page (serp) are always changing. The search engine most challenging to the SEO professional is Google. Here's Google's tips on things to look for in an SEO company:
- Be wary of SEO firms that send you email out of the blue.
- No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google.
- Be careful if a company is secretive or won't clearly explain what they intend to do.
- You should never have to link to an SEO.
- Some SEOs may try to sell you the ability to type keywords directly into the browser address bar.
- Choose wisely.
- Be sure to understand where the money goes.
- Talk to many SEOs, and ask other SEOs if they would recommend the firm you're considering.
- Make sure you're protected legally.
Professional SEO Strategy and Conversion
The truly Professional SEO and Search Engine Optimization Company understands that there are other considerations to be kept in mind.
For example, a website must not only be optimized for search engine spider algorithms, but it also has to remain optimized for the visitor as well. Ranking number one in all the major search engines is what gets the visitors to your website, but then the website must convert those visitors into actual sales.
Professional SEO is like Royalty
If content is king, then website design is queen. The combination of the two, if done correctly, will produce results for both your search engine rankings and your revenue. While keyword location, weight (absolute and relative), density, proximity, frequency, keyword targeting ... is a important part of the puzzle, how the code for the website is created and the linking strategies are equally considered royalty in the world of the professional optimizer. The knowledge of how best to accomplish that is always changing and that's why a real SEO professional who is on top of the trends, can be worth gold to the success of your business.
Do you want to learn more about search engine optimization, website marketing, read informational articles on the search industry, and learn how to achieve good search engine position and ranking? Visit our Website Development, Website Marketing Articles and Tutorials pages at http://www.wildwolf.ws and http://wild-wolf.com today.
This article was posted on Aug 22, 2005